Stacy Sims Strength Series 1
The complete strength training program for menopausal athletes designed to optimize bone, muscle and metabolic health based on the research and recommendations of Dr. Stacy Sims. Includes muscle, bones and core strength development sessions as well as an ample amount of high intensity interval (HIIT) training.
More about this program
It is an honor to be able to present a strength program based on the strategies outlined by Dr. Stacy Sims and dedicated to the specific training needs of menopausal women seeking their personal level of athletic excellence.
This program contains 20 total training sessions:
- 2 Sessions focusing on Tissue Care and Recovery Strategies
- 2 Sessions with CORE Focus
- 5 Sessions of Strength Endurance to prepare the body and tissue for the increased level of intensity and load recommended for optimal training results
- 5 Sessions of Pure Strength work
- 4 Sessions of HIIT Training
- 2 Sessions of AMRAP (As Many Reps as Possible)
*Initial launch of this program will be on November 1st, 2020 and include a calendar with training sessions progression and timing.
** Long video format will also be coming in early 2021 via ECFIT On Demand
More about Dr. Stacy Sims
Stacy T. Sims, Ph.D., is an applied researcher, innovator, and entrepreneur in human performance, specifically sex differences in training, nutrition, and environmental conditions.
Prior to being launched into industry, she served as an exercise physiologist and nutrition scientist at Stanford University from 2007 to 2012, where she specialized in sex differences with environmental and nutritional considerations for recovery and performance, specializing in women’s health and performance.
With the unique opportunities, Silicon Valley has to offer, during her tenure at Stanford, she had the opportunity to translate earlier research into consumer products and a science-based layperson’s book (ROAR) written to explain sex differences in training and nutrition across the lifespan. Both the consumer products and the book challenged the existing dogma for women in exercise, nutrition, and health.
Her contributions to the international research environment and the sports nutrition industry has established a new niche in sports nutrition; and established her reputation as the expert in sex differences in training, nutrition, and health. As a direct result, she has been named:
- One of the top 50 visionaries of the running industry (2015) by DMSE Sports.
- One of the top 40 women changing the paradigm of her field (2017) by Outside Magazine.
- One of the top four visionaries in the outdoor sports industry (2017) by
- Outside Magazine – Genius Issue.
- One of the top four individuals changing the landscape in triathlon nutrition (2017) by Triathlete Magazine
- A regularly featured speaker at professional and academic conferences, including those hosted by US Olympic Committee, High-Performance Sport NZ, and USA Cycling, and is a Senior Research Associate at AUT University.
She resides at the beach in Mt. Maunganui, New Zealand with her husband and young daughter.
Be sure to check out all the courses Stacy offers via her online programming.